Following on from last week, we continue to celebrate this month’s gemstone, the glorious pearl. Pearls are a timeless gemstone, but they are also more fragile than other gemstones, making it important to preserve your pearls.
Being so beautiful it is naturally hard not to wear your pearls daily, just remember the following tips to help preserve your pearls radiance:
• Avoid letting your pearls come in contact with cosmetics, hair spray or perfume.
• The lustre of your pearls can be harmed by perspiration, avoid such situations.
• Don’t expose your pearls to dish washing liquid, laundry detergents, bleaches and baking soda.
Storing your pearl jewellery properly can be tricky. To ensure you safely store your pearls read our guidelines below:
• Do not store your pearls near heaters or in places that get strong sunlight.
• To avoid scratches store pearls in jewellery pouches or cloth bags.
• Store each individual piece by itself so it does not come into contact with other gemstones to avoid damage.
Since ancient times, pearls have been considered the symbol of perfection. To keep your pearls looking as perfect as the day you got them here are some tips:
• Wipe your pearls gently with a soft cloth before storing them away.
• Never clean your pearls with an ultrasonic cleaner or steam clean your pearls.
• If you spill something on your pearls, soak them in lukewarm water, rinse well and leave to dry wrapped in a soft cloth.
Finally remember the rule for wearing pearls is that they are the last thing you put on when getting dressed and the first thing to remove when undressing! And now you know it all, so go ahead and dress in your pearls without any worry!